A few months ago I have decided to switch to the Dvorak layout. After using QWERTY (well, QWERTZ, to be precise) for almost 17 years, it was a hard decision, but now I think it worthed the try. I started with the UK (Dvorak with UK punctuation) layout, and in about four weeks, I’ve almost reached my original typing speed. Today I have modified the Hungarian xkb definitions file to add the Hungarian accended letters like ű to the layout, so I don’t have to use dead keys anymore (which apparently turned out to be a problem, as the Linux version of Java doesn’t support dead keys at all).
Just insert it in your database, feed them two Google coordinates, and you get the distance in kilometres. If you happen to need it in miles, change the constant
I wanted to change my AD password today. As the AD is actually a Kerberos server, I was pretty sure that
kpasswdwill do the trick. However,
kpasswdoutput looked like this:
I have read several opinions about routing configuration in Symfony. I stayed with annotation based routing as it was convinient for me to see the URL right above the controller action. This was because by just checking the URL, I remembered the controlling code, as they always were fresh ones. Well, until today.
We have a heartbeat cluster with two nodes. It has been running for several months without problems. The shared storage is on an IBM DS3400, on which we have a large volume formatted with ext4.
Yesterday I’ve upgraded my development machines from Fedora 17 to Fedora
- Although it went well, my Symfony projects stopped working with a message like this:
I have recently learned about
git rm --cached. It’s a very good tool, as it removes a file from tracking, without removing your local copy of it. However, be warned that if you use
git pullin another working copy, the file will be removed from there! If you accidentally put the configuration of a production project, and remove it on your dev machine, it can cause a lot of trouble ;)
I faced a problem in my GLib self-teaching project, wMUD today. I wanted to register a signal for a
GObject, whose handler should accept two
enumparameters for which I had to register a new
GEnumtype in the
GObjecttype system. However, the documentation on this feature (thanks for pointing out goes to hashem on
#gnome-hackers) is not… uhm… obvious. Making the long story short, I have checked with the
GIOsources for an example, and using that, I have created this small, working chunk:
If you use Fedora (like me), and can’t find the development manual pages for e.g.
printf(3)(like me), just
yum install man-pages(like me).
Few days ago I have struggled with a problem using Symfony2 configuration. I wanted to add the following kind of configuration to